Empowering Educators for a Healthier Tomorrow
Educators play a crucial role in creating and supporting healthy, addiction-free communities. Our prevention programs equip educators with the knowledge and tools needed to make a lasting impact. We proudly serve 32 counties in Florida, providing key prevention resources for educators throughout the state. In 2022, we provided over $7.15 million in prevention and education services, reaching some 75,000 students, parents, and caregivers.
Evidence-Based Programs for Lasting Impact
Our programs are based on extensive research and proven efficacy in preventing and delaying alcohol and drug use among middle and high school-aged students. Delivered in collaboration with our compassionate community partners, these comprehensive evidence-based programs use positive messages that encourage students to make confident, informed decisions throughout their lives.
Investing in Underserved Communities
The Hanley Foundation is dedicated to providing free programming in underserved areas, delivering key educational services to reach our communities’ most vulnerable populations. By providing prevention programs and ongoing support, Hanley Foundation helps reduce disparities in healthcare related to substance abuse, broadening the impact of its mission, and contributing to safer, healthier communities throughout our state.
Programs Tailored for Empowerment
Our prevention staff offers a range of substance abuse prevention programs, all approved by the National Registry of Evidence-based Prevention Programs and Practices (NREPP). These programs are tailored to be age-appropriate, gender-specific when necessary, and available in multiple languages to ensure inclusivity. By fostering open conversations and using positive messages, we engage students, parents, and adults in the community.
Explore Our Educator Programs
- Facts for Parents: Providing valuable insights for parents to engage in proactive discussions with their children about substance abuse.
- Facts for Teens: Empowering teenagers with accurate information to make informed decisions about their well-being.
- Active Parenting: Equipping parents with effective communication and problem-solving skills to support their children’s growth.
- Alcohol Literacy Challenge (ALC): Educating students about alcohol’s impact and promoting responsible decision-making.
- Mental Health First Aid: Training educators to recognize and respond to mental health challenges in students.
- Atlas and Athena: A gender-specific program addressing the unique needs and challenges faced by young men and women.
- Botvin LifeSkills Training: Instilling critical life skills to resist substance use and make positive choices.
- Project SUCCESS: Promoting academic and personal success by preventing substance abuse.
- Parenting Wisely: Empowering parents with tools and strategies to navigate challenges and build healthy relationships.
Schedule a Speaker
We welcome educators to engage with Hanley Foundation’s prevention specialists for informative and inspiring sessions. To schedule a staff member to speak at your school or organization, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Us in Creating Drug-Free Communities
Education is the key to creating a drug-free generation. By partnering with educators like you, we can make a profound impact on the lives of our youth and build a healthier tomorrow, one classroom at a time.